Discover the missing pieces to your ongoing health and wellbeing.
Your Glow Naturopath is one of a small group of Healthcare Professionals who has received extensive training in Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing making them well equipped to help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
VLA is a system Glow offers that gives us all of the tools to help you maximise your ongoing health and wellbeing.
What is VLA Bioimpedance Analysis?
The VLA includes a scientifically validated test known as Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA).
BIA is a science that was originally developed for the use in monitoring hospital patients after surgery as well as astronauts after space travel.
It measures biomarkers of health, including muscle, fat and energy production. These biomarkers will tell you many things about your health including body fat levels, energy, toxicity, inflammation and response to treatment.
- Find out your fat, muscle and fluid balance levels for your frame, height, gender and age and what your desired targets are.
- Determine if part of your weight is in fact fluid and how you can improve fluid balance.
- Discover your muscle mass levels and if you need to in fact gain muscle in weight, whilst losing fat and fluid.
- Know your biological age and what steps you can take to reverse the aging process.
- Set calorie targets with carb, fat and protein amounts for your level of exercise and desired goal such as weight loss, fitness or muscle gain.
What will I receive?
- Computerised report.
- Individual health goals.
- Specific lifestyle and dietary recommendations.
- On-going monitoring of progress.
Who is the VLA program for?
The main people to benefit from this program are people who want to:
– lose weight
– increase muscle tone and fitness
– improve their energy
– age healthily
– effectively detoxify their body
How does VLA Bioimpedance technology differ from bioimpedance scales?
VLA is a far more accurate way to measure body fat, muscle and fluid levels than bioimpedance scales you stand on or hold. Scales or hand held body fat monitors do not send the current evenly throughout the entire body, with usually the upper part of the body not measured when using scales and vice versa with hand held devices. However, with VLA Bioimpedance, you lie flat on a treatment table to stabilise fluid levels and the current is run through your upper and lower body via the foot and hand. This is far superior technology for accurate measurement of fat, muscle and the key biomarkers of ageing.
Example of VLA reports
The scales lie!
As you can see from the above report, this client needs to lose 4.35 kilos of fat to be at an ideal range for her frame size, height and gender however she needs to increase her Active Tissue Mass (muscle) by 1.12 kilos to have adequate muscle mass.
Thus she needs to lose 4.35 kilos in fat but GAIN 1.12 kilos in muscle weight.
The VLA report may also reveal someone is holding excess fluid, again affecting their weight by the scales.
When you only rely on scales as your progress guide, you can be easily discouraged.
That’s why for accurate measurement of your weight loss you should consult a Glow naturopath who always utilises VLA technology.