Considerations for Pre-conception Care to improve egg and sperm quality:
* Natal Care multi-vitamin – start 3 months prior to conception
* Metapure EPA/DHA fish oil OR Metapure Algal oil – healthy fats.
* Co-enzyme Q10 – if aged 35 plus. Helps keep your eggs young!
* Vitamin D – dose depends on your blood test levels. We like Vit D to be over 100 3 to 4 months prior to conception.
* Probiotic – Metagenics Mother & Baby probiotics.
* Iron if your levels are not optimal. Anaemia can be common in pregnancy and you do not want to go into a pregnancy with low iron. Depending on your iron stores (ferritin) on a blood test you may need Hemagenics Iron capsules or a stronger iron such as Hema-plex tablets.
*Paternal Plus – start 3 – 4 months prior to conception
*Metapure EPA/DHA fish oil or Metapure Algal Oil
*Meta Zinc with Vitamin C powder
*Co-enzyme Q10 – especially if any issues such as poor morphology
If you are older or there are known fertility issues you may also consider:
*Melatonin – improves egg quality and count
*N-acetyl-cysteine – improves fertility outcomes with both men and women
If you have the MTHFR gene as identified by a blood test, you may benefit from additional folic acid in an activated form along with activated B12.
*Metagen Methyl Active capsules
*Methyl-Guard 180 capsules
*Methyl–Guard Plus 90 capsules