- Gaining excess weight around your stomach?
- Putting on weight despite no change in your food or exercise levels?
- Feeling more anxiety, stress, depression or all three?
- Sleep becoming more of an issue?
Naturopath Lisa can help with all of these symptoms and help explain why these changes are occurring in simple easy to understand terms. She is 53 herself and understands personally this transitional time.
She can advise:
- What foods to focus on and what to avoid for weight loss
- What exercise is best for weight loss and bone health once in menopause
- How a drop in oestrogen and progesterone are affecting how much inflammation you are feeling and changes in mood and sleep
- Natural plants and supplements that can support your mood
Book our Menopause & Peri-Menopause Weight Loss Package which includes:
- An initial 1.5 hour one on one consultation with Lisa
- Four additional consultations spaced every 2 weeks for 30 minutes (or you can come more often if you prefer!)
- Weight loss and Quadscan body composition assessment test and report provided each consultation.
- Meal Plan
- Exercise guidelines
Lisa will also cover the key aspects of menopause or peri-menopause you personally are experiencing as everyone is different. For some anxiety is of a part a particularly important issue they would like addressed, others may be concerned about their cholesterol, sleep, increased dependence on alcohol or simply just want to focus on weight loss.
Select the Menopause Weight Loss 5 Session Package.
Understanding more about this time in your life:
How do you know if you are in menopause?
If you have not had a menstrual bleed for 12 consecutive months you are considered in menopause. The age this occurs can vary from 45 to 55 however the average age is around 51 to 52. Leading up to this point is a transitionary time where your hormones may be on a bit of a roller coaster. This is called Peri-Menopause.
Sometimes the age your mother, grandmother or older sisters went through menopause and their symptoms such as severity of hot flushes can influence your own experience. Asking them may give you some insight into what to expect. However, the state of your general heath prior to this transition can affect your menopause and peri-menopause journey.
This time prior to menopause can be as short as a few months or as long as 10 years! During this time oestrogen is high in relation to progesterone but both will eventually decline. Your hormones will eventually fall to a point where the ovaries no longer produce eggs, your period stops and menopause is reached.
During peri-menopause your cycles can change such as irregularity in length you might have a 28 day cycle and then a 14 day cycle for example, the flow might be heavier or lighter and you may have late periods, skipping one or more periods.
The 4 phases of peri-menopause leading to menopause include:
- Very early peri-menopause – cycles are still regular but show signs of change
- Early menopause transition – from the onset of irregualr periods with cycles varying in length
- Late menopause transition – from the onset of skipped periods starting with the first cycle of more than 60 days
- Late peri-menopause – the 12 months from that final period